Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Identity Theft Demystified

Re: Identity Theft Demystified
Posted by: Tanya Candia 2006-08-23 13:02:59
See Full Story

Identity theft and strong opinions go hand in hand. ID theft is rampant and is causing millions of dollars of damage every year -- or, it really isn't such a big problem, and few people are really hurt financially by it. Why such wide disparity? More importantly, what can a business owner, an IT manager, a software developer, a consumer or a risk manager do about stopping ID theft when the problem seems so poorly understood?

Good Name Gone
Posted by: sudonim 2010-04-15 07:43:58 In reply to: Tanya Candia
You think that's bad. The person who stole my Identity is now a convicted murderer. Not to mention his 4 other felonies all attributed to me. The funny thing was, he was a fugitive for the murder charge the first time he used my name, looked nothing like me, had totally way different stats, was in my home town where I had been arrested and booked (dismissed case) but they had my info on file. He was 6 years younger than me. He had no ID, so they filled in his arrest sheet with my details from my arrest. He was Identified while in jail. Paperwork was mis-placed and he made bail under my name. Never went to court. I was convicted in his absence for 3 felonies and warrants were issued for my arrest. I was on the run and hid from authorities for over 10 years. I subsequently ended up broke and homeless because i couldn't get a job in my previous line of work. I started working in privately owned bars and nightclubs to get off the streets. And now i deliver pizzas. There is a lot more. Criminal Identity Theft sucks, but stupid cops suck more.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video