Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Spycatcher Deadly to Spyware - But Watch Out

Re: Spycatcher Deadly to Spyware - But Watch Out
Posted by: Jack M. Germain 2005-03-05 12:52:30
See Full Story

The recent release of Tenebril's SpyCatcher 3.5 packs several high-powered features. Its sophisticated detection engine requires less memory to scan a computer and its components, resulting in scans up to 300 percent faster than earlier versions and most competitive products. SpyCatcher brings more intrusion-fighting features to consumers and enterprise customers than are found in other anti-spyware products. It eliminates spyware, adware, trojans and other malicious software.

Re: Spycatcher Deadly to Spyware - But Watch Out
Posted by: savoia 2005-03-05 13:27:35 In reply to: Jack M. Germain
Spycatcher may be a legitimate anti-spyware program and it may do everything this article claims. I am skeptical of the validity of this article, however, and therefore am not about to rush out and buy this item.
Why? simply because of the way it was written. I do not believe this is a real news article or objective review of a product but a blantant promotional advertisement for it. Yes, there is a caution added that may or may not be perceived as a negative by the "reviewer" or "reporter". Yes, the author did spend much of the last third of the article covering this side of the product. However, it was quickly pointed out as "user error" and not necessarily a flaw of the product itself, which could easily be simply a disclaimer imbedded in a purely promotional piece to cover liability against its claims of superior performance.
The first half of this article is written as if it came right off a sales slick. In fact, the first paragraph jumps right into a glowing statement of the product's capabilities as if they were simple facts, rather than a reviewer's opinions or conjecture.
It may very well be that everything this reviewer said is, in fact, true and this was written entirely in his own words. But it reads too much like a free (or paid) plug scripted by Tenebril's marketing department than an actual review. For this reason I will not go out and buy this product, at least until I've read some real reviews written by real users who did not write them for a "news" agency.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video