Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Congress Mulls Decency Rules for Cable TV

Re: Congress Mulls Decency Rules for Cable TV
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2005-03-03 10:03:53
See Full Story

Comments by a powerful U.S. senator sent a shudder through the cable and satellite television communities this week. Ted Stevens, the Alaskan Republican who heads the Senate Commerce Committee, reportedly told a group of broadcasters what must have sounded like sweet music to some of their ears: He wants to extend the rules for
indecency that apply to the public airwaves to cable and satellite programming. Last month, the House passed a bill to hike the penalties for violation of the Federal Communication Commission's indecency rules.

Re: Congress Mulls Decency Rules for Cable TV
Posted by: Kagehi 2005-03-03 10:11:14 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Why the %^#$% is it considered acceptable to ban content I don't find objectionable, but at the same time they have every right to package channels the the Tabernacle Network, or what ever its called that "I" find offensive by its televangelist, where better than you and your all going to hell garbage? I personally find that 1,000 times more offensive than seeing someone's tits. Its ironic that a recent discussion I read on some place suggested that when polled 70% of people asked said they had no particular problem with nudity. Kind of makes me wonder why the hell we always pass legislation based on the minority of rabid loonies that insist such things are a moral issue. But then, the whole Super Bowl idiocy was literally millions of people watching, out of which a thousand or so made a conplaint. Oooh! Definitely a majority there...
Sigh... Forget first ammendment rights, what about my right to watch what I want in my own home without some small minority of idiots telling me I can't see it?
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.