Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: IT Dabbles with Firefox, But Few Plan To Switch from IE

Re: IT Dabbles with Firefox, But Few Plan To Switch from IE
Posted by: Carol Sliwa 2004-12-03 19:01:36
See Full Story

The Firefox Web browser has been causing a commotion among users and snaring snippets of market share from Microsoft's Internet Explorer since June -- long before Version 1.0 of the open-source software was officially released earlier this month. But statistics suggest that corporate users aren't the major group fueling the growth of Firefox. The new browser's most dramatic spikes in usage are on weekends, according to Chris Huffman, director of engineering at the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation, which developed Firefox.

Re: IT Dabbles with Firefox, But Few Plan To Switch from IE
Posted by: gbarnes2 2004-12-12 11:38:18 In reply to: Carol Sliwa
Because many firms are going to resist changing browsers, or at least be hampered by compatability problems that will delay any change, it might be worth looking into ways to further enhance Internet Explorer. Breasy.com (http://breasy.com) for instance provides a number of nice enhancements to IE without even having to download anything. This type of ingenuity might help keep IE viable for some time. Are there any other sites doing similar things?
Jump to:
Given the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant, if my employer requires me to return to the company's location in 2021, I will...
Agree because I'm fully vaccinated.
Agree if the company institutes a mandatory mask requirement and other safety protocols.
Comply reluctantly, because I can't afford to lose my job, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job I feel is safer.
Resign because I'm not vaccinated and don't want to risk infection to myself or others.