Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Back to the RSS Future

Re: Back to the RSS Future
Posted by: Jonathan Terrasi 2020-06-05 17:14:51
See Full Story

For understandable reasons, people feel worn down by the volume and composition of the media coming at them. This fatigue stems from a few compounding factors. There is a strong perception that the character of the information presented by the media is warped by highly polarized players. Nearly two-thirds of Americans across partisan affiliations believed that the existence of "too much bias in the reporting of news stories that are supposed to be objective" constituted "a major problem" in our media, based on a 2018 survey.

Re: Back to the RSS Future
Posted by: jafcobend 2020-06-05 17:22:13 In reply to: Jonathan Terrasi
I found RSS feeds so incredibly useful for keeping up to date with things I wrote my own "ticker" to scroll unread headlines across the top of my monitors. Which is how I saw this article. I even included an "ignore" feature for headlines I'm not likely to read.

Unfortunately it seems like good aggregators are few and far between, especially if looking for something not cloud powered. :-( This is especially true in the handheld market where it seems developers don't know how to write something without some hosted service. And then when they get bored with it or run out of money *poof* your aggregator no longer works.
Jump to:
How important is the availability of curbside service when you consider a physical store to do your shopping?
Critically Important - I will not shop at an establishment that does not provide curbside service.
Quite Important - During the pandemic I prefer not to go inside a physical location. Still, I will consider a business that does not offer curbside service.
Somewhat Important - I like a curbside option, but itís not part of my decision-making process when I choose where to shop.
Not Important - I do not use curbside pickup. When I go out to shop I want to select everything myself.