Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Samsung Galaxy Chromebook: Is the Ultimate Chrome OS Platform Worth the Price?

See Full Story

The Samsung Galaxy Chromebook is now available to buy -- but the $999 price tag for its one-of-a-kind configuration may cause an internal struggle between want and need. Samsung introduced the high-end Chromebook early this year, positioning it as the flagship Chromebook to meet potential demand for a more useful and powerful multipurpose premium mobile device. The Galaxy Chromebook is an ultra premium 2-in-1 laptop running Google's Chrome OS. It ships with a durable aluminum body and the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor.

"Samsung Galaxy" usually has its top line peak product. Hopefully they might as usual have mid & low priced versions of these peak products.

Cost conscious users always have other brands & models to choose. When we old wise people need to assist our confused youngsters, which Chromebook do we suggest?

Chromebooks can have the power-hungry x86 Intel CPU. Or choose the power saving ARM CPU. With either CPU, large battery might assist with day long use. More than one USB-C port, allowing external hubs to be used is OK.

External hubs allow extra ports: USB, mSD or SD cards, HDMI, RJ12, 3.5mm, etc. Mine however have short cables, so may need extension cables.

Accidentally bought a compact netbook, with Intel I5 CPU. It runs Windows-10, heavy, expensive, power draining, hot, noisy (inbuilt fan) and therefore very impractical.

Now to buy a proper Chromebook. That runs Linux & Android.
Jump to:
Which Big Tech CEO that testified at the Congressional Antitrust Hearing on July 29 is the most trustworthy?
Jeff Bezos of Amazon
Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook
Sundar Pichai of Google
Tim Cook of Apple
All of them are equally trustworthy to some extent.
None of them are trustworthy whatsoever.
Women in Tech