A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Unveils Budget-Friendly iPad, Dresses iPhone in Red

Re: Apple Unveils Budget-Friendly iPad, Dresses iPhone in Red
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2017-03-22 23:21:50
See Full Story

Apple has announced an iPad update, a red iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, and a new video-editing app for iOS. The iPad upgrade has a 9.7-inch, 2048 x 1536-pixel Retina display and Apple's A9 64-bit processor. The unit will come in silver, gold and space gray with a starting price of $329 for 32 gigabytes of storage and WiFi-only support. It will cost $459 for a 32-GB unit with WiFi and cellular support. As with prior models, the battery life for the new iPad is 10 hours. It has an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.2-MP front-facing FaceTime unit.

Re: Apple Unveils Budget-Friendly iPad, Dresses iPhone in Red
Posted by: jescott418 2017-03-23 06:01:32 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
iPad sales dropped a significant amount and holiday sales were nothing close to positive. Apple releasing something new and cheaper means they finally are desperate about improving iPad sales. But whenever Apple does this, they alienate another line such as the iPad Mini in this case.
Two things define why Apple went this direction with the iPad. One is that the iPad Pro lack of sales proves that the iPad is not thought of as a primary device and that people won't spend that much on a secondary device. Two, the iPad is part of what drives Apple profits, that is the App store and getting a cheaper iPad into more hands would mean more app sales. This may also mean down the road Apple could address slowing Mac sales with a new cheaper Macbook to spur on sales for Mac's. I didn't see much fanfare about Red iPhone, Apple did a Red line before and its just to raise awareness for a noble cause. Its not going to do much but provide some press for current iPhone's until the iPhone 8 arrives.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition