Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Could IBM's Watson Fix President Trump?

Re: Could IBM's Watson Fix President Trump?
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2017-02-22 08:28:22
See Full Story

President Trump offers a good emulation for a future artificial intelligence system, suggests a column I read earlier this month, and his presidency may be an early warning of what could happen if we should fail to think through its training and information sources. Cathy O'Neil, the author of the piece, is a data scientist, mathematician and professor, so she has decent chops. She compares artificial intelligence to human intelligence that is mostly id -- basically because we don't yet know how to create the digital equivalent of a conscience.

Posted by: Norwester 2017-04-07 16:46:38 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Given Social Security's complication and its poor reputation for answering questions consistently,why don't we put Watson to that job??

Posted by: Antikapitalista 2017-02-27 02:20:58 In reply to: Rob Enderle
How to prevent a Skynet outcome (i.e. a nuclear holocaust)?

Simply: by voting for Donald John Trump over Hillary Rodham Clinton.

If the banksters' bloodthirsty bitch had been elected president, she would have started a World War III.

Posted by: Phoebert 2017-02-22 08:41:45 In reply to: Rob Enderle
It would be a great service to TechNewsWorld readers if the author of a piece were presented on the technewsworld.com mainpage. If that were so then we could know that the article is written by Rob Enderle and avoid wasting our time. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to keep up the tech changes without the hate filled politics. Nobody reads TechNewsWorld for political opinion.

Posted by: rpseeley 2017-02-23 12:26:19 In reply to: Phoebert
I agree. Even the title of the piece announces that it is politically motivated, announcing that the author feels our President needs fixing. I take offense to that idea.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.