A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Isn't Fake News Propaganda?

Re: Isn't Fake News Propaganda?
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2016-12-05 10:25:34
See Full Story

A few years back, when it was one company, HP made a huge mistake that cost a number of people their jobs and forced the replacement of many of its board members. The company suffered through some nasty litigation and several top executives almost landed in jail. The mistake was tied back to something the board authorized, which at the time was called "pretexting." It also went by the more common term "identity theft." It is my belief that the board wouldn't have authorized the effort if it had known what the teams planned to do.

Posted by: jescott418 2016-12-05 11:12:44 In reply to: Rob Enderle
You know freedom of speech is great, but things like social media has created a opportunity for some to spread rumors, hearsay and lies. To add to that people believe them and spread them themselves. No matter what side you were on in the election. The social media effect was not a positive for our election process. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump could argue that too much information out there was simply not news. But let's not forget that the campaigns themselves contributed to the social media buzz and filtered information. I myself refrained from reading any news on Facebook and pretty much stuck with trusted sources. Those who at least try and do journalism in a way that verifies and reports. Not someone with a agenda or weighted opinion. However , the divided country has also affected news journalism. But not in reporting fake news, but rather failing to report certain news. That never used to be the job of a journalist to ignore news. It used to be their job to report it, and let the reader, listener or viewer to develop opinions on it. Even some of the big names like Dan Rather have caved to fabricating news and yet we wonder why news is not trustworthy anymore? These days you have too many in top positions who care little about facts and more about agenda or coloring the truth. These are not journalist so they care little about the truth. It's time for journalism to step up and stop this before the truth becomes whatever you want it to be.

Posted by: Norm303 2016-12-05 10:31:31 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Fake News?... as in might be for real and might not be.

Ever watch weather on the news?
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.