Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Why Trump May Be the Better Technology President

Re: Why Trump May Be the Better Technology President
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2016-11-14 20:41:12
See Full Story

Years ago, I worked as one of Rev. Robert Schuller's body guards (it was something to do on Sundays, I wasn't particularly religious) and one of his sayings was "when given lemons, make lemonade."
Personally, I wasn't excited about either presidential candidate, but I actually think Trump could be a better technology candidate than Clinton would have been. That is because she just didn't seem to fundamentally get why a personal email server was a huge security breach.

Have you lost your mind Rob?
Posted by: josephmartins 2016-11-14 20:57:58 In reply to: Rob Enderle
We've been in the game long enough to know they don't know what they don't know.

If Clinton is your only yardstick, it's not clear whether Trump is more or less savvy. Twitter and Facebook does not an IT expert make. And it's unclear whether Clinton's use of an external server was the result of tech ignorance or a calculated risk. It's very unlikely she set it up on her own, and it's equally unlikely the risks weren't laid out for her in advance.

In my opinion, Trump is a tech clown. The typical social media user who fancies himself a tech expert, much like he fancies himself a foreign policy and terrorism expert and military strategist.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video