Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Assange Lives to Leak Another Day

Re: Assange Lives to Leak Another Day
Posted by: David Jones 2016-10-19 08:22:52
See Full Story

The status of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange grew a bit murky on Tuesday after the group accused the U.S. State Department of pressuring Ecuadorian officials to block him from posting additional emails linked to presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The Ecuadorian foreign ministry on Tuesday acknowledged placing temporary restrictions on Assange's access, saying in a statement that it did not wish to interfere in a foreign election. It also said that it was acting on its own and not in response to any outside pressures.

Re: Assange Lives to Leak Another Day
Posted by: jescott418 2016-10-20 07:29:27 In reply to: David Jones
I think WikiLeaks does a service to the people. We don't punish our own news organizations if they obtain information through hacks, and informants. It brings a sense of reality into what these people really think and do. Snowden has done a similar service providing information he felt the public should know. It's interesting how our government wants to stop a Assange or a Snowden but not a Hillary Clinton? So Snowden committed treason but Clinton didn't? When I think logically of either Trump or Clinton I realize neither is prepared to deal with the problems of the US or the world. They both provide little substance that has any chance of really being anymore than empty promises. Clinton who has lot's of experience but can't even secure our most important government communications is incompetent. Trump is so lacking in experience and temperament he cannot possible deal properly with anyone without his ego getting in his way. How we whittled down to these two is really scary for what American's pick as the top two choices.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video