Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: FBI Would Hurtle Us Back to Encryption Jurassic, Apple Warns

Re: FBI Would Hurtle Us Back to Encryption Jurassic, Apple Warns
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-03-09 07:06:14
See Full Story

The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation's efforts to compel Apple to unlock an iPhone used by one of the slain San Bernardino terrorists could threaten national security, charged Craig Federighi, Apple's SVP of engineering, in an op-ed piece published Monday. Terrorists and criminals could launch attacks on vital infrastructure through access "to just one person's smartphone" and cryptographic protections on smartphones are "a critical line of defense," he maintained.

Re: FBI Would Hurtle Us Back to Encryption Jurassic, Apple Warns
Posted by: jescott418 2016-03-09 07:12:34 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
When you look at companies like Amazon pulling encryption from Fire tablet's because Amazon says nobody used it. I guess I wonder if this is more a principal thing then anybody actually worrying about something they don't use? I totally agree that Apple defense is legitimate but also brings an acceptance that you also help the bad guys. What criminal would not want a defense like privacy used in their favor? We all enjoy our privacy and yet we don't want to help the terrorists stay dark and not know what they are doing. I am not sure you can have it both ways.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition