Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: One of Amazon Echo's Babies Might Outshine the Parent

Re: One of Amazon Echo's Babies Might Outshine the Parent
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2016-03-08 11:54:02
See Full Story

Amazon launched two new versions of Echo last week: the Echo Dot and the Amazon Tap. I've actually had the chance to look at both, and they flesh out the line nicely -- but I think the Dot actually could outshine the original Echo. I'll share some of my reactions to both devices and speculate about what could come next as Amazon expands this product line. The Amazon Echo was the closest thing we had to an iPod in 2015, but there is a better alternative out this year, and it is Echo's little sister.

Re: One of Amazon Echo's Babies Might Outshine the Parent
Posted by: Joe R. 2016-03-09 20:36:44 In reply to: Rob Enderle
You've got me totally intrigued about the Amazon Dot combined with sonos use case! In order to have accessory input into sonos, I need to have the dot sitting next to a sonos play-5, correct? I believe it is currently the only sonos speaker with an input jack.

I have the echo in the kitchen as the go-to device for music and smartthings integration. Love it but want more capabilities for playing music throughout the house. Not loving the idea of the dot and a play-5 on the kitchen counter but it may be worth it!
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition