A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Google Car Stubs Toe

Re: Google Car Stubs Toe
Posted by: Quinten plummer 2016-03-02 19:59:14
See Full Story

One of Google's self-driving cars kissed a bus on Valentine's day, marking the first accident in which the one of the company's autonomous vehicles was at least partly at fault. Possibly too smart for its own good, the self-driving car was attempting to reenter its previous lane when it contacted a municipal bus. The car had pulled over in preparation for a right turn, but came to a stop when it detected sandbags near a storm drain at the intersection, according to Google.

Re: Google Car Stubs Toe
Posted by: scarshi 2016-03-02 20:12:40 In reply to: Quinten plummer
The first rule of being on the road - according to my parents when I first learned to ride a bike - was: "Treat every other vehicle on the road like an idiot out to get you".

I think self-driving cars need to understand that not every human driver is capable of choosing from multiple decisions when you have only a three second gap to do what is correct.

Basically: "What the hell? No way fella. Oh crap, you did. You moron." - There is your human three seconds of thought.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition