Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Fiorina's Presidential Road Not Taken

Re: Fiorina's Presidential Road Not Taken
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2016-02-15 09:13:25
See Full Story

One of the most amazing and frustrating things about this year's U.S. presidential race is that no one learned Obama's lesson on how to make effective use of technology to win an election. It was a powerful lesson, too. Largely using a mix of analytics and social networking, a young inexperienced politician was able to roll over the anointed candidate for his party. Four years later, he was able to overcome a negative approval rating to do it again -- schooling Mitt Romney, who should have known how to use those tools better.

Posted by: mod 2016-02-15 11:41:00 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I don't disagree with any of the tactical points Mr Enderle makes. But Ms Fiorina's defects in all those areas aside, I think what did her in more than anything else is an absolute lack of empathy, likeability, connection with an audience -- qualities a candidate must have in at least some small measure in order to succeed. You can do "my way or the highway" when running a company, but when running for office, you have to at least give the impression that you listen to and are sympathetic with the aspirations of the electorate. Groucho Marx wasn't kidding when he said, "If you can fake sincerity, you've got it made." Cf Bill Clinton.

Posted by: RobEnderle 2016-02-19 13:22:26 In reply to: mod
You make an excellent point, she never really cared about her people and it showed. Man did it ever show and that means she could only be a manager, she couldn't lead.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video