Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Your Facebook Friends Are Really Not That Into You

Re: Your Facebook Friends Are Really Not That Into You
Posted by: David Jones 2016-01-29 11:19:09
See Full Story

Most of your friends on Facebook may not care much about you at all, suggests an Oxford University study published last week. Friendships involving interactions over social networks are not that different from traditional real-world friendships, found Robin Dunbar, the professor of evolutionary psychology at Oxford who conducted the research. In other words, people in your social network are no more your friends online than they would be in real life.

Re: Your Facebook Friends Are Really Not That Into You
Posted by: jescott418 2016-02-01 04:56:36 In reply to: David Jones
I dropped Facebook a couple years ago. I decided then that social sites like this are nothing more then dribble and time wasters. My wife a teacher actually benefits somewhat from Facebook because she can connect with other teachers and she has a big family which also helps keep in touch with what's happening. But from my experience most people assume too much in how interested people are in your daily lives. I think it's more a rant page or brag site then anything else. It has also become a site for employer's to get a ideal of the character of a person. As someone said, its plenty legal to stalk someone online.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video