Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Gadget Ogling: Super Strollers, Posture Prodders, and Portable Projectors

See Full Story

Regular readers will know that I am not a parent, so you might wonder why I'm including a self-propelling stroller in this week's cavalcade of riches. The answer is elementary: It's a smashing idea. Granted, it's maybe because I don't have a child that I think as much. Aside from pushing itself along the sidewalk, the Smartbe Intelligent Stroller can warm bottles, charge devices and play music. It apparently can propel itself uphill and keep pace with you if you're running. At $399 for early crowdfunding backers, it seems decent value.

Self-propelled stroller should be a trolley only. I know when I'm pushing a stroller to stop well short of a railway safety line or busy street, but even tethered, would a smart-stroller? I've seen too many Youtube clips of parents letting the stroller go, and take its/their chances.

Re: Gadget Ogling: Super Strollers, Posture Prodders, and Portable Projectors
Posted by: jescott418 2016-01-26 10:58:45 In reply to: Kris Holt
Part of the enjoyment of being a parent is pushing your child around as a proud parent. Not letting some technology get in the way. All you will get is stares at how lazy you are as a parent. We have enough lazy parents these days. Don't create tech to make them more that way.

Re: Gadget Ogling: Super Strollers, Posture Prodders, and Portable Projectors
Posted by: jescott418 2016-01-26 10:47:48 In reply to: Kris Holt
Well its obvious the author is not a parent. If that were the case a stroller like this would be out of the question. Because a new parent is only concerned about safety of their new child. Not about saving them some effort in raising a child. Its this laziness ideal of spending money to replace the natural instincts of humans. To find some crutch no matter technology, physical machines or something that really bugs me. I supposed next these "modern young new parents" will want a self driving car to take baby to the doctor, to school or drive them to soccer practice. Part of pushing a stroller is for exercise as well as anything. Its another worthless ideal coming from people trying to fit a square in a round hole. Its why parents can't seem to raise their kids after they make them. Its because they look to someone else or thing to do it. Unbelievable.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video