Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft Prods Skylake Users to Take the Windows 10 Plunge

Re: Microsoft Prods Skylake Users to Take the Windows 10 Plunge
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2016-01-18 23:01:43
See Full Story

Microsoft last week announced that within the next 18 months, it will end support for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on machines equipped with Intel's 6th generation Core processors, also known as "Skylake." As of mid-July next year, Windows 10 will be the only supported Windows platform on Skylake systems, and only the most critical security fixes will be released for earlier versions of Windows -- and then only if the fixes don't cause compatibility problems for non-Skylake systems running Windows 7 and 8.1.

Re: Microsoft Prods Skylake Users to Take the Windows 10 Plunge
Posted by: sambob 2016-01-21 16:43:05 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Well....that was quick, I just adopted Win7 to two of my laptop's, still running XP on the desktop some software runs more reliably on it than Win7 and It rarely see's access to the Internet so I'm not worried. I just wish Microsoft would quit shipping Alpha and Beta test software, I mean they were still plugging holes in XP up until Apr 2014.
Vista was only out 3yrs before they rushed out 7, so I guess just get some good anti-virus and run it often on whatever ver of Windows you hate the least.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.
Women in Tech