A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Layoffs: There's a Right Way

Re: Layoffs: There's a Right Way
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2014-07-21 07:19:53
See Full Story

Microsoft last week announced a large staff reduction tied to the acquisition of Nokia. There is actually a science to how to make layoffs, but much of that appears to have been lost over the last couple of decades. I have some theories as to why -- I blame the Democrats and financial analysts -- but how you carry out job cuts actually is very important, and it reflects how well the CEO understands people, which I think is a critical skill. In the context of Microsoft's layoffs, I'll offer a layoff primer this week.

Re: Layoffs: There's a Right Way
Posted by: melgross 2014-07-21 07:22:44 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Rob, you blame the Democrats? I hope this is tongue in cheek. You've said some pretty outrageous, and totally incorrect, things over the years, but this is really over the top.

If you want to get political, all of our economic problems can be laid at the feet of your right wing overloads. Keep politics out of your musings, please.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.