Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Down the EU's Right-to-Be-Forgotten Rabbit Hole

Re: Down the EU's Right-to-Be-Forgotten Rabbit Hole
Posted by: Kris Holt 2014-07-17 17:28:28
See Full Story

Telecom regulators from each EU member state, together with the Article 29 Working Party -- a group comprised of a data protection authority representative from each state, the European Data Protection Supervisor, and the European Commission -- have invited search engines to a meeting next week, according to a Thursday report. Microsoft, which just started fielding link removal requests to Bing, plans to attend. It is not clear if Google or Yahoo will be there, although both companies have said they will cooperate with privacy officials.

Re: Down the EU's Right-to-Be-Forgotten Rabbit Hole
Posted by: ustechiesomewhere 2014-07-22 10:27:25 In reply to: Kris Holt
Another classic case of national law vs. international law... the Internet is functionally unsound when more than 99% of the content is hidden anyway...time to look at Internet architecture improvements and start managing the Internet as the ecosystem it is... domain based rules are paramount to an Internet that works for everybody and the idea that all nations can come together for one suitable group of laws, regulations is laughable without special attention to national domain requirements....
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition