A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Augmented Reality Future: How to Train Your Dragons on Vacation

Re: Augmented Reality Future: How to Train Your Dragons on Vacation
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2014-07-14 08:59:48
See Full Story

Microsoft just announced the release of the Dragons Adventure World Explorer. It is actually very cool and well-timed, because it should keep little tykes engaged and quiet during a long car trip. It also should get developers excited about creating more games that could turn the family vacation experience into a bloodbath of adventure for boys and a 4H-like experience for girls, but with dragons! What the game does is allow you to choose the dragon and then fly over and around your car to complete quests.

Re: Augmented Reality Future: How to Train Your Dragons on Vacation
Posted by: isochronous 2014-07-14 09:03:51 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Did you have to start out your article with blatant sexism? There's absolutely no reason for you to designate certain activities in the game as "for boys" and others as "for girls." Let's try to stop propagating old gender stereotypes, especially in the video game market, where sexism is already a major problem.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition