Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: TSA Kills Dead Devices' Ticket to Ride

Re: TSA Kills Dead Devices' Ticket to Ride
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2014-07-08 13:07:52
See Full Story

In a move that's bound to raise the power management consciousness of air travelers, the U.S. Transportation Security Administration on Sunday announced a ban on electronic devices that won't power up before they're carried onto a plane. During the security examination conducted by TSA officers before passengers board a plane, travelers may be asked to power up some electronic devices, the agency said. Powerless devices will not be permitted on board the aircraft, and travelers may undergo additional screening.

Posted by: Kagehi 2014-07-08 13:09:35 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Ok.. Wait... Let me get this straight.. They want you to do this as some sort of evidence its a working device, not a bomb, or such, so.. if it was a bomb, or the like, now it gets set off in the f-ing airport, by turning it on, instead of on the plane? WTF? Just more proof that these people are total idiots.

Posted by: Fetrow 2014-07-12 00:16:57 In reply to: Kagehi
Setting it off is NOT the idea. Turning on the device is to show the batteries are actually batteries and not explosives.

Still, it would be much better a small explosive goes off at a security checkpoint and only kill a few people rather than on an airliner and kill everyone on board.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition