Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Microsoft's Threshold: Low Expectations but High Stakes

Re: Microsoft's Threshold: Low Expectations but High Stakes
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2014-07-04 03:35:52
See Full Story

As the anticipated April 2015 launch of Threshold, the next major version of Windows OS, draws closer, Microsoft is tightening up its features. One of the OS Group's main goals in the design and development of Threshold is to make it more palatable to Windows 7 users, it seems. New features aimed at desktop users who may or may not use touch input are expected. The new OS may or may not be called "Windows 9," because Microsoft may want to shake off the taint of Windows 8, which did not quite meet its expectations for reviving PC sales.

Re: Microsoft's Threshold: Low Expectations but High Stakes
Posted by: jc112203 2014-07-08 07:50:54 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I have to say that as an IT professional, I was not impressed with Windows 8. Windows 8.1 However was a much needed improvement. For medium sized businesses, like the one I work for, we had to completely skip the Windows 8 "experiment" but we are buying some Surface Pro 3 with 8.1 because of their improvements. I really hope Microsoft gets it right with "Threshold" or we will be staying on older OSes. Who knows, maybe in ten years Linux will get the developer support it needs and become the OS of choice. Personally I think Microsoft does so many things on all its OS platforms that nobody can replicate. Server 2012R2 is the best server OS ever made by any company, I dare anyone to challenge that statement. Here's to hoping Microsoft won't screw up in the next 5 years!
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition