Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Next iPhone Is a Naming Catastrophe Waiting to Happen

Re: The Next iPhone Is a Naming Catastrophe Waiting to Happen
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2014-06-27 08:20:31
See Full Story

I can't help but wonder how the heck Apple is going to name its new iPhone lineup when it debuts this fall. Make no mistake, the naming scheme is due for a change. Last year, the shakeup was two form factors that introduced the plastic body of the iPhone 5c with the clear flagship iPhone 5s model. With the next iPhone, the top-of-line iPhone model won't be clear to consumers at all. As it turned out, last year's sales showed that the majority of Apple's consumers made a beeline for Apple's best iPhone at the time, the iPhone 5s.

Re: The Next iPhone Is a Naming Catastrophe Waiting to Happen
Posted by: Melial 2014-06-28 12:49:04 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I don't think there's a problem Chris.

Apple calls the iMac just that - the iMac - no matter whether it has a 21.5" or a 27" screen or an i5 or i7 CPU.

They just add on 21.5" or 27" as needed. Notice Apple calls the smaller model 21.5" - no rounding up or down there.

There is no such thing as the Macbook pro 13 or 15. They are in fact called the 13 inch Macbook pro or the 15 inch MacBook Pro.

Likewise there is just the MacBook Air available in both 11inch and 13 inch models.

So, both iPhone models could be the iPhone 6 with the screen size appended when needed to distinguish the different sizes.

The big question is - will there still be a 4" version of the iPhone 6? My wife certainly hopes so!
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition