A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Bioprinting, Part 1: The Promise and the Pitfalls

Re: Bioprinting, Part 1: The Promise and the Pitfalls
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2014-06-24 13:29:03
See Full Story

It's long been the dream of humans to be able to regenerate body parts. Scientists have been researching this possibility for years, but the subject is complex, and they are just beginning to get to a glimmer of understanding as to what's required. "There are different layers of complexity in developing tissue-engineered products, so the easiest thing is to make it something that's one single type of cell and is a flat sheet," said Charlie Whelan, healthcare and life science director of consulting at Frost & Sullivan.

Re: Bioprinting, Part 1: The Promise and the Pitfalls
Posted by: Mike123 2014-06-24 13:44:43 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
That's really amazing how medicine industry has being developed. I've firstly read about duck Dudley's foot that was replaced by 3d printed analog.Thanks to 3D printing technologies, duck Dudley can walk again! Now reading about body part regeneration I'm curious how scientists are going to test the affects of these organ implants when placed into body. There should be decades of years when we've got some prove that it can safely be used.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition