A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: How Amazon's Fire Phone Will Beat the iPhone in 3 Years

Re: How Amazon's Fire Phone Will Beat the iPhone in 3 Years
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2014-06-23 05:30:40
See Full Story

Amazon launched its rather impressive Fire Phone last week, and it has a number of things that make it interesting -- but just as the iPhone improved massively by the third version, I expect this phone will as well, as a result of users providing feedback on what they want. Ironically, if the iPhone fails against the Fire Phone, it will be because Jeff Bezos is executing Steve Jobs' old strategy of focusing on building a great experience, while Tim Cook shifts Apple to price competition, as a result of his battles with Google and Samsung.

Posted by: ViewRoyal 2014-06-23 10:07:28 In reply to: Rob Enderle
The article should more realistically be titled: "How Amazon's Fire Phone Will Beat the iPhone... When Monkey's Fly Out of Your Butt" ;-))

Posted by: Melial 2014-06-23 08:41:38 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Wow Rob, I didn't think it was possible, but you've really outdone yourself this time. You've become a veritable caricature of yourself with your amazingly twisted convoluted logic. I've read your intro para three times and I still can't understand the train of logic.

Beyond that confused derailment, you talk about Apple failing because they will shift their strategy to price competition with Google and Samsung - pardon?!

You then bring forth gems like the iPhone being based on the LG Prada, a phone that was only shown to the public 27 days before the iPhone. I must say, Apple's speed of developing a "copy" of the lightly skinned LG Prada Windows Mobile featurephone in less than a month is quite a feat in this alternate reality of yours.

I love your predictions of how the Amazon phone will beat the iPhone, no doubt just like Amazon's Kindle Fire beat the iPad - oh wait, the Kindle Fire was half the price of the iPad and still couldn’t achieve a fraction of the sales, yet according to you the Fire phone will have no problem beating the iPhone despite costing the same price. Okaaaay.

Of course you neglect to mention that Apple completely dominates Amazon in the ecosystem stakes with over 800 million active users with attached credit-cards versus Amazon’s 243 million user accounts. Then there is Apple’s free cash flow per account of $95 vs Amazon on $9 and Apple’s account growth of 55% vs Amazon’s 22% and of course Apple’ revenue per user of $329 vs Amazon on $305.

I am however impressed at the sheer chutzpah being brave enough to churn out these articles in the face of a decade of failed predictions from every Mac fan’s favourite "analyst" Rob Enderle. Go Rob!
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.