A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: D'oh! Apple's New iCloud and iPhoto Will Cost Me Big Bucks

Re: D'oh! Apple's New iCloud and iPhoto Will Cost Me Big Bucks
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2014-06-12 09:02:09
See Full Story

I just had a disappointing palm-to-forehead realization: Apple's iCloud investments will reduce the pressure for Apple to increase the storage space on the iPhone 6. I no longer have hope that the next entry-level iPhone 6 will start at $199 for 32 GB of storage.
I'm afraid we'll be stuck yet another year with an entry-model iPhone 6 that will start at the $199 price point -- with a carrier contract -- offering just a paltry 16 GB of storage. To get 32 GB, you'll need to shell out another $100 -- $299 with a carrier contract.

Posted by: rquappe 2014-07-08 18:27:00 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
In Chile no Telecom Company offers the 5c of 32 GB.
Hope Apple Corp. reads this and upgrade the memory storage in all categories.
This topic is one of the last ones that are pending for iPhone users that want more freedom of mind.

Posted by: Llewen 2014-06-13 09:31:51 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Once again, people just don't get it. Apple isn't about this amazing, user friendly, holistic, high quality experience. It's about money. It's about profit. Plain and simple.

It's all right for companies to make money, but Apple has managed to spent it's resources, since Microsoft bailed it out, ensuring that the bottom line was in every absolute sense, the bottom line.

I get the feeling that Apple's near bankruptcy experience led to a, "I'll never go hungry again!" corporate moment. Overcharging for hardware, overcharging for services, overcharging for software that requires overpaying for one or more services to get the fully benefit of the overpriced software.

That has become Apple's mantra. And somehow they've managed to con millions of otherwise intelligent, educated consumers, into accepting this money siphon as a statement of principle, fashion, and ideology.

Free yourself! Go purchase a product you can gain root access to if you want. Buy a product that comes in any colour, that you can personalize to your heart's content, that has powerful, fully functional free and open source apps available for it.

That anodized aluminum case isn't worth the premium you pay off the top for it, and it most certainly isn't worth the hundreds of dollars per year you are going to have to fork out for every year you own the device if you want to get the same functionality you can get for FREE... on an Android device...

Posted by: amperstan 2014-06-12 22:53:37 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
So, how much storage SHOULD a phone have?
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.