Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Escaping the Clutches of a Cellphone Contract

Re: Escaping the Clutches of a Cellphone Contract
Posted by: Patrick Nelson 2012-10-31 08:08:55
See Full Story

Wireless carriers are putting more energy into prepaid. It's a normal evolution. As quality phones became cheaper, prepaid brands like Sprint's Boost and Virgin Mobile have been able to offer better phones -- even a selection of smartphones, including the iPhone. Those better products, along with the availability of 4G network speeds, have increased prepaid demand.
"Prepaid is where the growth is. The market is saturated on contracts," said Jayne Wallace,
Sprint's director of corporate communications in charge of prepaid brands.

Re: Escaping the Clutches of a Cellphone Contract
Posted by: phoneseeker 2014-08-01 04:09:53 In reply to: Patrick Nelson
I haven't try the company you mention above but If you are looking to unlock your cellphone I can talk to you about my experience.

I requested my unlocking code for my Samsung Galaxy S4 several times to T-mobile, though I met all the criteria, I was told it could take as long as 20 days for the unlock code. I then waited for 23 days and when the code came, it didn't work!!!

I paid 15.99 to UnlockCode4U and got a code within 15 MINUTES and it worked first attempt!
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.