A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Asus Puts Its Windows 8 Lineup on the Top Shelf

Re: Asus Puts Its Windows 8 Lineup on the Top Shelf
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2012-10-24 16:17:03
See Full Story

Asus unveiled its slew of new products Tuesday, showing off touch-capable PCs, hybrids, tablets and convertible Ultrabooks optimized to run on Microsoft's new Windows 8 operating system. Windows is getting a radical redesign, and many of Asus's new products follow suit, featuring dramatic differences from previous PC and tablet models. One example is the Taichi, a dual-screen laptop with two 1080p IPS screens. The convertible Ultrabook can be used in laptop mode or with the lid closed, like a tablet.

Re: Asus Puts Its Windows 8 Lineup on the Top Shelf
Posted by: jescott418 2012-10-24 16:22:02 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
Ok take away what I don't like about Windows 8 and I still don't understand why people would want to touch their laptop or desktop screens? I have owned a tablet up until a few months ago. The main reason I sold it was I got tired of it. Touch screens are not that great and finger print magnets they most certainly are.
I don't want to be cleaning my laptop screen or my desktop screen.
I find the touchpad very easy to use and if need be a mouse can be used. I still am not sure why we seem to think everyone wants a touch screen? Has Microsoft actually done any study on this? Or is it just to make Windows separate itself from Apple?
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition