A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Google's New Chromebook Caters to Cloud Crowd

Re: Google's New Chromebook Caters to Cloud Crowd
Posted by: Peter Suciu 2012-10-19 15:17:25
See Full Story

Google unveiled a new Samsung Chromebook on Thursday, available for pre-order at $249. The new model is more streamlined and far cheaper than its predecessors. It costs $200 less than the Samsung Chrome 550, which was released earlier this year, and $100 less than the Series 5 model, which debuted last year. The sleek new form factor is compelling, said Craig Stice, senior principal analyst for compute platforms at IHS iSuppli. "To have a successful product in mobile, it has to be very thin, very light."

Re: Google's New Chromebook Caters to Cloud Crowd
Posted by: jescott418 2012-10-24 16:29:56 In reply to: Peter Suciu
I have nothing against Google and its Chromebook's. I bought a Nexus 7 when they first came out and found Google's ecosystem to work very well. This is coming from a long time Mac user. While I eventually sold the Nexus 7 it was only because I felt it was too small and like other tablets it lacks Flash player. Chromebook's for me are like any other OS only tied more to a cloud ecosystem. Is that such a bad thing? Not for anyone with no real concern that they will store vital security information. My only question is weather the costs for a Chromebook are still making buyers think twice about them? I can go to WalMart and buy a nice Netbook with a decent size hard drive and plenty of other ports and features for around $250 or a little higher. Even a good laptop can be had for under $400. So my question is weather Google can offer a Chromebook that makes people want to enter that cloud system. maybe offering more storage or some other perks could move a person to at least look twice at a Chromebook.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.