A Brand's Guide to Digital Shelf Analytics | Download the eBook Today!
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold

Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold
Posted by: Peter Suciu 2012-10-12 15:49:05
See Full Story

With Microsoft's next-generation Windows 8 operating system set to launch later this month, Dell on Friday announced new computers that will support it: the Dell XPS 12 convertible laptop, the Dell XPS One 27 all-in-one desktop, and the Dell Inspiron One 23 all-in-one. "Dell and Microsoft have strived to make technology more accessible and intuitive for more than two decades, and the introduction of new Dell PCs and Windows 8 software is another important milestone in this journey," said Sam Burd, vice president of the PC product group at Dell.

Re: Dell Goes for the Windows 8 Gold
Posted by: jescott418 2012-10-14 19:07:50 In reply to: Peter Suciu
The sad part about this whole touch screen problem on PC's. Is that nobody really wants it. Steve Jobs said a long time ago that nobody wants to reach across their desk to touch a screen on a monitor. Neither do those users want to touch their laptop screens. Who wants a smudgy screen? The function of a touchpad or other input device like a mouse works better. Microsoft is creating a feature that nobody has ask for. I feel sorry for Dell who is falling for the mess called Windows 8.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition