Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Acer's Windows 8 Tablet Edges Into iPad Turf

Re: Acer's Windows 8 Tablet Edges Into iPad Turf
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2012-10-10 19:45:21
See Full Story

Ramping up for the holiday season, Acer this week announced the Iconia W510 Windows 8 hybrid tablet, just five days after it unveiled the W700 Win 8 tablet PC. The W510 is offered in four versions -- as a standalone tablet PC with 32 or 64 GB of RAM, with a keyboard dock, or as a full-fledged business device running Windows 8 Pro. Prices range from $499 to $799 and the W510 will be available on Nov. 9. "Acer has designed its new Windows 8 tablet PC to serve customers who want to maximize productivity and have a first-rate tablet experience," said Acer spokesperson Kelly Odle.

Re: Acer's Windows 8 Tablet Edges Into iPad Turf
Posted by: jescott418 2012-10-11 04:54:35 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Microsoft and its partners will have to do better then just match Apple on price if they are to gain any market share away from Apple. I think its wishful thinking to assume their are a lot of potential buyers out there for Windows 8 tablets anyway. Considering how many tablets have been announced already. Its going to be a discounters heaven shortly after release when none of them have any great success in selling. They will not only compete against each other for price, but also have to compete with Apple on a smaller cheaper iPad. The other gorilla in the room is weather these tablets can even come close to the Apple iPad experience in apps or functionality?
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.