Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The United States of Google

Re: The United States of Google
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2012-10-01 09:10:34
See Full Story

I was watching "The Daily Show" the other night and Jon Stewart walked through the failures of the Obama administration, concluding that anyone who did this badly couldn't be reelected if not for the Democrats' secret weapon. He then showed Mitt Romney as that secret weapon, along with a number of troubling clips about the impressive number of mistakes Romney is making. I was coincidentally working on a series of articles on reputation management and reviewing a number of cases in which the Internet -- and specifically, Google -- was used to do massive damage.

Posted by: dogbone 2012-10-09 19:43:44 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Actually, I took a second look and h real bias is your shilling for Cyber Investigation Services. If anyone needs such a service hey could just Google it for an unbiased opinion.:-)

Posted by: dogbone 2012-10-09 19:39:41 In reply to: Rob Enderle
First, I believe that you would have had to look pretty far to find a positive news clip on Romney in any media, including FOX, the week before the debate.

Second, I would rather live in Google world (and believe I currently do, where I have choices) than Apple world, where my only choice is what Apple offers.

Third, you can find many positive articles on Romney now, post debate, that completely ignore the fact that the stance he took in the debate had solo many contradictions with what he had stated just days and weeks before.

People claimed that Reagan was losing it and falling back on lines from movies from his past. It seems like Romney is just getting to the prime of his acting career. I just wonder who is providing the script. He certainly isn't basing iron anything said in last weeks episode!

Posted by: MattCutts 2012-10-03 13:27:40 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Likewise, I've now been at Google for over 12.5 years and I've still never seen or heard even the tiniest suggestion to bias Google's search results toward any political party. I debunked this years ago: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google-search-and-politics/

Posted by: MattCutts 2012-10-03 13:26:00 In reply to: Rob Enderle
Rob, it's absolutely not the case that advertisers get some sort of PageRank or other ranking boost in our web search results. If you want to point me to your source for that misperception, I'd be happy to clarify that with them too.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition