Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Bump Up Your Carrier's Lousy Signal With a Femtocell

Re: Bump Up Your Carrier's Lousy Signal With a Femtocell
Posted by: Patrick Nelson 2012-09-27 16:05:24
See Full Story

If you've been experiencing choppy voice quality or dropped calls from your mobile provider at your home or workplace, there are steps you can take to correct the problem. Cellular phones use radio signals to communicate, and like any other radio, signal propagation issues -- including topography, obstructions, distance to tower and interference -- affect quality. Femtocells are low-power cellular radio base stations that interface with the Internet -- a bit like a VoIP application.

Warning: Stay away from AT&T
Posted by: just4kicks 2012-09-28 15:36:20 In reply to: Patrick Nelson
AT&T sells a microcell device for $160 that comes with a one year warranty for the many folks like me who can't get service in their home with AT&T's deficient coverage area. My microcell device just died after 17 months and after speaking with 3 different levels of their "customer service" AT&T tells me I'm S.O.L. and have to buy another one for another $160. Fortunately I am past the end of my contract, so I can go to the competition and leave AT&T in the dust as a bad memory. AT&T does not stand behind the products they sell.
Jump to:
Would you license your personal data to advertising platforms if you were paid directly for it?
Yes -- So much of my personal data is already in the hands of advertisers anyhow; I may as well be paid for it.
Possibly -- It depends how much I would be compensated and how the data I authorize to share would be used and protected.
No -- I would not sell my personal data at any price.