Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Kazaa Loses Round One in Australia

Re: Kazaa Loses Round One in Australia
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2004-03-04 08:26:41
See Full Story

An attempt to exclude evidence from a music piracy case seized in sweeping raids by the Australian recording industry has been rejected by a federal court judge. The evidence was gathered February 5th by Music Industry Privacy Investigations (MIPI), the enforcement agent of Australia's recording industry, in court-ordered raids at 12 locations throughout the country, including the Sydney headquarters of Sharman Networks, maker of Kazaa, one of the most popular file-sharing programs on the Internet.

Re: Kazaa Loses Round One in Australia
Posted by: GreatInca 2004-10-27 19:02:51 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Go Get Bit Torrent and/or E-Mule. Better Tech. Better Files. Open Source. Will still be around even if devs get sued out of existance.
E-Mule is better for Rare and/or legal files. Bittoorent is for Hardcore widespread warez downloading and private corporate/social network trading (legal and ileagle).
Kazaa is a has-been.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.