Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Ideoclick Amazon Compliance Guide
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Getting Android on Your TV

Re: Getting Android on Your TV
Posted by: Patrick Nelson 2012-09-20 11:21:26
See Full Story

If you've been getting into the convenience and usability of the smartphone and tablet User Interface and are wondering just why your cable provider is unable to create anything with the same elegance and function, it may be time to slap Android on your TV -- yourself. There are a few ways to approach this, and all of the methods have pros and cons. The method Google has planned for us is with its native Google TV operating system -- a type of Android OS -- designed specifically for the big screen.

Re: Getting Android on Your TV
Posted by: jescott418 2012-09-27 03:56:54 In reply to: Patrick Nelson
Their is nothing really on the Android system I care to put on a big screen TV. The Roku I use is very inexpensive and does very well putting content on my TV. If your a Apple fan you have of course Apple TV. I suspect in the end cable TV providers will of course move towards offering their TV content through their broadband service as a standalone service. Not requiring the traditional cable TV service. As more people drop cable TV and Satellite I think cable companies will have to acknowledge that streaming services are offering alternatives already. I can see a day when a person can buy a adaptor like what you describe to plug into your TV to access apps and services. Android of course is a cheap way to do this.
But TV's have already begun to offer these types of services without a adaptor.
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition