Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Nvidia Crams Tegra 3 Mobile Chip Chock Full of Cores

Re: Nvidia Crams Tegra 3 Mobile Chip Chock Full of Cores
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-11-13 08:34:47
See Full Story

Nvidia on Wednesday launched the quad-core mobile Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. Formerly nicknamed "Project Kal-El," the Tegra 3 has four main cores and a fifth companion core. It distributes the workload among these using patent-pending variable symmetric multiprocessing technology. The Tegra 3 includes a 12-core Nvidia GeForce graphics processing unit. It's aimed at mobile gamers and provides high-speed access to the Web as well as swift application execution and multitasking.

A few problems with this
Posted by: jescott418 2011-11-17 05:08:55 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
So I have a few questions as too why we need so many cores in mobile platforms. First question is where is gaming at in mobile? I have yet to see real console gaming on a mobile device. For one thing memory is another issue stopping mobile gaming. Second question how many will be willing to pay more for a multi core chip like this on a mobile phone? Third question who really multi tasks on such a small screen device? With Apple hinting that it will stop the specification wars by not including specs I think Nvidia has a uphill battle trying to prove that a lot of mobile users want so many cores.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.