Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Fuzzy Signals for Internet TV

Re: Fuzzy Signals for Internet TV
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-11-12 11:57:43
See Full Story

It's hard to imagine how Logitech CEO Guerrino De Luca could have been clearer, if a transcript of his recent remarks during an investor day conference call is accurate. He called the implementation of his company's Revue Google TV device a mistake "of a gigantic nature" that cost Logitech dearly. Logitech, De Luca said, wrongly expected consumers would take up Google TV by Christmas 2010, which proved to be too short a time frame. Logitech will allow its remaining Revue units to sell out with no plans in place to replace it with a new product, according to a Verge report.

The real problem is
Posted by: jescott418 2011-11-17 05:18:34 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
The real problem is all the internet TV providers think they can be or are a primary TV service that can replace cable or satellite. Unfortunately they are not as yet there. So then the question becomes how much are people willing to pay for a supplement service. I guess many are getting a good ideal that its not much.
People tend to switch services when one offers more for less. That's the way cable and satellite have sold services for years. Internet TV for the most part is splintered with what content they provide. You cannot show me one service that provides what a cable service provides in one package. That's the problem Who wants to pay Netflix, Hulu Plus, and maybe yet another IPTV to get what you do with Satellite or cable? Besides your still paying for broadband service to watch internet TV. So are you really saving that much? No I do not work for the cable or satellite industry. I am simply stating that these internet TV services are not full service providers of content. They are niche services that can complement cable or satellite. Maybe someday they will be more, but they will also be forced to up their rates. I think they are finally understanding why Cable and satellite companies have to charge so much. The networks and studios charge a lot for their content.

I'm not completely surprised . . .
Posted by: farmerbob 2011-11-12 12:04:52 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Logitech has great designs, good intentions, horrible manufacturing, uses really cheap materials, has crap Customer Service and pathetic product follow up.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video
Women in Tech