Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Step Aside, Tablets - the Ultrabooks Are Coming

Re: Step Aside, Tablets - the Ultrabooks Are Coming
Posted by: Rob Enderle 2011-11-07 16:21:41
See Full Story

The industry joke on the early MacBook Airs was that even though they had decent Intel processors, they stepped down in performance in order to keep from burning up. What was kind of funny was that Lenovo, which had a similar product in market with a slower processor but running at full speed (so it was actually faster), got dinged -- and Apple didn't. However, most folks I knew who had one of these early Airs quickly tired of their slow speed and blazing hot bottoms, and moved to other products -- mostly MacBook Pros.

From a Macbook Air owner
Posted by: jescott418 2011-11-07 16:28:01 In reply to: Rob Enderle
I really can't say that buying a Macbook Air was any kind of emotional purchase. Its just a light notebook with very little in ports, not optical (no big deal) and a slower low powered CPU. This would probably be the real goal netbooks were trying to obtain but lacked good hardware. The problem I have is the price. The premium for slower hardware but lighter physical weight is somewhat high. You really got to want and need a lightweight notebook. I am not sure I would buy another Macbook Air or any other ultra book.
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video