Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Scientists Have Fun With Quantum Levitation

Re: Scientists Have Fun With Quantum Levitation
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2011-10-21 08:59:19
See Full Story

"Quantum levitation" may not be a household term, but one look at a YouTube video now nearing 3 million views, and you'll soon get the gist of what's going on. In essence, it's a thin but solid disc floating in mid-air. Magic and science fiction might be what spring to mind, but in fact what's being demonstrated is real, live science, courtesy of the Superconductivity Group in the School of Physics and Astronomy at Tel Aviv University. Quantum levitation is the phenomenon behind it, and it's been on the tip of more than a few tongues ever since the group demonstrated the feat last week.

I think I might have something
Posted by: ZachGuyTheScienceGuy 2014-06-17 16:02:04 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Hello my name is Zachary Maneja age:14

I still have a lot of research to do but I may have a way to make a hoverboard, I probably have a lot of learning, research and profit I need to make, but I`m not stopping to open the doors of a new generation. If you want to give me help or give me tips let me know maybe I could use it in the making. My love for Science is high and nothing will make me hate it, I`m grown up and mature so I try to make as accurate and mature explanations as possible and I have a note book of possibilities. Thank you for taking time reading this and get ready for a new generation

Email:
ztmattacker@yahoo.com
Jump to:
When considering the credibility of an article I read online, I am most influenced by...
The organization or operator of the website that published the article
The journalist(s) who wrote the article
The sources quoted in the article
The quality or style of the writing
The individual(s) who brought the article to my attention
Whether the article has myriad shares or social media activity
My own knowledge or intuition