Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: RIM's Apology Gift Bag Gets Mixed Reactions

Re: RIM's Apology Gift Bag Gets Mixed Reactions
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-10-20 01:18:55
See Full Story

Battered by customer outrage worldwide over its BlackBerry network failures last week, as well as strong sales of the iPhone 4S from rival Apple, Research In Motion on Monday announced a slew of free gifts in an attempt to remedy the situation. Consumers who own BlackBerries will get premium apps worth more than $100 for free, while enterprise customers will get one month of free tech support. Response to the offer was mixed. "It's too little too late," Rob Enderle, principal analyst at the Enderle Group, told TechNewsWorld.

Rim apology bigoted
Posted by: FXR 2011-10-20 01:51:45 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
The initial list offered in this article is not available to Canadian consumers. Apparently all Rim could conger up for it's Canadian clients is a cheap piece of nonsense "drive safely" that no one else wants. An app that serves to annoy more than benefit any real world use, to the majority of people who try to use it. All that is missing from Drive Safely, is a shut the hell up button, and it would be complete. Putting it into a mode where it will most often be used, prior to deleting it, to clean up dead memory space.

I guess the Canadian market isn't important to our friends over at Rim.

I bought a Blackberry and all I got from Rim for a loss of service, was more annoyance.

Apple is starting to feel a lot more comfortable of late, it's time to move on, BB is dead.
Jump to:
What is your opinion of technology's place in the world?
Technology could be used to solve most of the world's problems if properly applied.
Technology creates more problems than it solves.
Some technologies are inherently good, and some are inherently evil.
I accept technology's risks in order to enjoy its benefits.
I'd like to go back in time to an era when technology was far less prevalent.
I'd like to go forward in time to a more technologically advanced era.