Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Your Gadgets and the Enemy Within

Re: Your Gadgets and the Enemy Within
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-04-02 12:10:44
See Full Story

Your cellphone, your digital camera and your color laser printer may be betraying your privacy without your knowing it, Eva Galperin, an activist with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, told a sparse audience at the Web 2.0 Expo Thursday. The EFF classifies software or devices that act behind the user's back to actively betray their privacy as "traitorware," Galperin said. "The EFF is particularly interested in the issue of traitorware because we are a digital civil liberties organization," Galperin stated.

Old Tech
Posted by: sambob 2011-04-02 12:42:30 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
This Is why I still have AND use my ten year old Motorola tracfone no GPS, no location tagging just phone calls and some texting.
Why people Insist on entrusting all there Information to a single device without having a way to safeguard It or be sure It's not broadcasting It without there knowledge Is beyond me, come on people.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.