Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Android Becomes Flash Mobile's First BFF

Re: Android Becomes Flash Mobile's First BFF
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-06-22 16:08:06
See Full Story

Adobe on Tuesday unveiled Flash Player 10.1 for Mobile together with a slew of announcements from partners and content providers. The new Flash edition has been optimized for efficient battery and CPU usage, addressing two of the key criticisms Apple CEO Steve Jobs had made of the platform. With its new capabilities, Flash Player 10.1 for Mobile may make some smartphones more adept at browsing the Web. Flash Player 10.1 for Mobile was redesigned from the ground up with new performance and mobile-specific features, Adobe said.

At Last
Posted by: PerfectBlue 2010-06-23 00:39:36 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Finally, common sense prevails. Hopefully this will be the spur that manufacturers need to give them an incentive to go with Android so that we can finally get some strong portable competition going outside of the cell phone market.

Apple is terrified of Flash because you can write mini games and apps in it that will run in a browser window. This would effectively allow the creation of iPhone/pad non-Apple authorized apps that that can be run on a non jailbroken device.
Jump to:
Which review rating influences you most when researching a business?
5 Stars - I want to know what others found amazing.
4 Stars - I want to find out why it's liked for the most part, but not without faults.
3 Stars - I want to understand why the business is neither loved nor hated.
2 Stars - I want to learn why the weaknesses outweigh the strengths.
1 Star - I want to know why anybody says they are completely dissatisfied with the business.