Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Operation Chokehold - AT&T's New-Media Noose

Re: Operation Chokehold - AT&T's New-Media Noose
Posted by: Renay San Miguel 2009-12-18 06:55:55
See Full Story

Does it really matter whether Operation Chokehold shuts down AT&T's network today? Even if every iPhone user in the country dials up video highlights of "Pirates of Silicon Valley" exactly at noon Pacific time -- and somehow the bits keep flowing and the phones keep ringing -- it'll be too late: Operation Chokehold has already put the squeeze on the U.S.'s second-largest wireless carrier. Our story so far: Newsweek tech columnist Dan Lyons, a.k.a. Fake Steve Jobs - he of the satirical, notorious "Secret Diary of Steve Jobs" blog -- issued a digital fatwa .

operation chokehold is a terrorist threat
Posted by: bpmmx 2009-12-18 11:25:58 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
I couldn't care less for issues between elitist iPhone / AT&T contract; my small business runs on AT&T network, and if it suffers today at high Noon be cause of this stupid idea - I'm suing...

This threat is none less than setting up a bomb somewhere in a building, just to prove that the building won't resist the explosion...

Operation Chokehold
Posted by: randelle 2009-12-18 08:14:05 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
I am an AT&T technician, sitting in my van as we speak, and can speak to AT&T's TOTAL lack of respect for the end user as well as their employees. Their management style is iron fisted and uncaring to say the least and that attitude is carried over to the customer. I say full speed ahead to Operation Chokehold, something needs to get their attention. I guess my next question should be: Is Verizon hiring?

?
Posted by: DanMA 2009-12-18 07:01:17 In reply to: Renay San Miguel
Just a note. he has also rescinded on his idea and offered other solutions, yesterday. I don't see that mentioned anywhere.
Jump to:
What is the greatest challenge to organizations implementing Artificial Intelligence?
A shortage of talent with the skills to utilize AI to its full potential.
AI can be expensive and the return on investment is questionable to decision makers.
AI is an unfamiliar and complex technology that is not yet fully trusted.
AI has its own set of cybersecurity concerns which require additional resources.
Dependability of AI technology is still in doubt.
Many view AI as an unnecessary luxury.