Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Salesforce Industries Summit
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Google Plugs Desktop Search Security Gap

Re: Google Plugs Desktop Search Security Gap
Posted by: Jay Lyman 2009-04-15 15:36:27
See Full Story

Search engine leader Google has been forced to respond to a security vulnerability in its Google Desktop Search software, which reportedly made it possible for computer intruders to view desktop search results via the Web. The hole was discovered by security researchers at Rice University and reported this week by the New York Times . Google claims is has fixed the problem for current and future users of the service.

Wow!!
Posted by: Iaifrank 2010-04-06 03:48:45 In reply to: Jay Lyman
Wow, that is a little bit alarming, but interesting to read! I really donīt want to know how much google already knows about us all, I think too much! But you also need google to search the internet or google maps, but I think you donīt need it to search your desktop!!!! There are so many tools out there which you can rely on, so for example Lookeen! If you are working in a company, Lookeen is really the best option to search Outlook, desktop and exchange server! http://www.lookeen.net
Jump to:
When considering a new smartwatch, which feature set is most important to you?
Alerts and Notifications
Calls and Messaging
Clock and Time Tracking
Contactless Payments and Banking
Design and Personalization
GPS and Maps
Health and Fitness
Music and Video