Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Women in Tech
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

Open Discussion

ECT News Community   »   Open Discussion   »   1903 Bug? To do with window focus and saving files

1903 Bug? To do with window focus and saving files
Posted by: TrevorSaldana 2019-07-26 04:55:03
Ever since 1903 update I've had an annoying problem. I first noticed it in FL Studio where I would save the song I was working on and it would seem to take ages to give me back control as if it was taking ages to save. After a while I figured out it was taking infinite amount of time to save until I switched windows and from there I worked out it was basically losing focus on the main window even if I clicked on it. Playing my midi keyboard would still work and if there was a song playing while I saved it would carry on but key presses and mouse presses on the main window would do nothing until I switched away and then back.

There was an FL Studio update around the same time as the Windows update so I was confused for a while but I've since had the problem in other apps. Basically you save a file and the main window of the application loses focus so keyboard and mouse do nothing until you switch away and then back to it.

I've heard of other people having the problem in FL Studio so I assume at least at the moment that it's a Windows 10 bug introduced by 1903 and isn't just affecting me.
Jump to:
Should virtual fans be used on TV broadcasts of sporting events during the pandemic?
Yes -- This use of VR technology helps to bring a sense of normalcy to the game atmosphere and is more entertaining while sports are played in empty stadiums.
Perhaps -- It's an interesting idea while human fans are not allowed to attend games. However it's unfair for the TV networks to control how the crowd looks and reacts to everything during the game.
No -- Virtual fans are creepy and cannot substitute for humans. I prefer to watch games with empty seats while human fans are not allowed to attend.
It does not matter to me because I do not watch sports on TV.