Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: What if Apple Holds a Launch Event and Nobody Cares?

Re: What if Apple Holds a Launch Event and Nobody Cares?
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2013-08-12 17:50:57
See Full Story

Sept. 10 reportedly is the day Apple will unveil its latest iPhone. Although there have been some apparently well-founded leaks, Apple has not confirmed anything. It hasn't said whether it will be launching an iPhone 5S or a 5C, as rumored. It has not even confirmed the Sept. 10 launch date. Despite the radio silence on Apple's part, there's been no shortage of speculation. There is talk, for example, of an iPhone 5S with a fingerprint reader -- something that Apple's acquisition of Authentec would support.

Re: What if Apple Holds a Launch Event and Nobody Cares?
Posted by: rogerowens 2013-08-13 05:48:55 In reply to: Erika Morphy
What evidence do you have that shows "Apple has been battling the perception that it has lost its innovation chops…"?

Just because hundreds of pundits in the press think Apple is not innovating doesn't mean Apple is worried nor fighting this perception. Apple is doing what Apple does, and they probably don't care what you and others think about their pace of innovation. Their purpose is not to simply innovate but to make money developing great products for us to use. Period! Making a difference does not mean satisfying the pundits of the press.

And, oh BTW, that's the worst headline I have ever seen! Just a little inflammatory, isn't it?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.