Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: You, Mixtab, Are No Google Reader

Re: You, Mixtab, Are No Google Reader
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2013-07-16 05:46:38
See Full Story

With Google Reader's demise, makers of software to subscribe to RSS feeds have hustled to fill the void. The biggest winner in the RSS sweepstakes so far has been Feedly, which attracted a large portion of Google Reader's orphans. Feedly has been so successful, in fact, that some RSS makers, like Reeder, are connecting to it, much as they plugged into Google Reader. A more conventional way to attract Reader orphans is to allow them to import their feeds from the defunct service into a new reader. That's the approach tried by Mixtab Pro.

Re: You, Mixtab, Are No Google Reader
Posted by: GautamSampathkumar 2013-07-16 08:21:43 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Hi Guys,

If what you want is the ability to skim large #s of headlines, organize lots of feeds, label them, tag articles for later reading in one fast unobtrusive "no magazine layout" reader, SwarmIQ is your choice.

Disclosure: I'm on the team that built this site :-) Also, we don't have "Google Alerts" type functionality yet.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.