Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Cut Calculator Lets You Rip Away Without Sweating Bullets

Re: Cut Calculator Lets You Rip Away Without Sweating Bullets
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2013-06-24 07:34:06
See Full Story

Back when I was paying for ramen noodles and graduate school by working as a framer for a small construction outfit, the most stressful event I faced was when I had to cut the support beams for a set of stairs going into a new restaurant. One wrong cut and I would have wasted hundreds of dollars on a suddenly useless beam. It's even more stressful if the job is your own. Everyone I know who has tried their own home improvement project has miscalculated the amount of lumber, sheetrock, concrete board, or pipe they've needed to get the job done.

Re: Cut Calculator Lets You Rip Away Without Sweating Bullets
Posted by: Redwinkle 2014-07-23 17:57:53 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Tried this app for layout of plywood for 7 drawers in 4 different sizes. The layout would have required a jig saw as it had many stopped cuts that can't be done efficiently with a table saw or circular saw. I had already laid out a cut sheet for the cabinet panels by hand and required 2- 5' x 5' sheets of Baltic Birch. I entered the same dimensions into the Cut Calculator and it gave me a lay out requiring 3- 5' x 5' sheets. Save your money.
Jump to:
Which Big Tech CEO that testified at the Congressional Antitrust Hearing on July 29 is the most trustworthy?
Jeff Bezos of Amazon
Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook
Sundar Pichai of Google
Tim Cook of Apple
All of them are equally trustworthy to some extent.
None of them are trustworthy whatsoever.