Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Behind the WWDC Glitter

Re: Behind the WWDC Glitter
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2013-06-14 05:38:08
See Full Story

Going into WWDC I think Apple enthusiasts were so pent up for some Apple awesomeness -- myself included -- that we let the soft and low-voiced cooing of design knight Jony Ive lull us into a receptive state more akin to the wooing of a potential partner than a critical study of design principles. It's not like we had beer goggles on going into the iOS 7 portion of the WWDC keynote, but I have to say. . . on the next day, iOS 7 isn't something I'm going to want to touch every night before I fall asleep.

Re: Behind the WWDC Glitter
Posted by: roedael 2013-06-14 06:04:47 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Gad Sir, you've nailed it once again, no need to add to but only to second your comments on what appears as an unfortunate choice of "Baby-linen” style primary pastel shades. Surely there is still a colour expert at Infinite Loop. A look at the Red-Green-Blue spectrum chart shows us that at certain frequency points, two and even three hues can co-exist. This I would argue is why the adoption, as a design precept, of more subtle mixes corresponding the eye's and brain's perception of nature, would be more satisfying throughout the interface.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.